With adults and older children my therapeutic approach is heavily influenced by methods that increase your confidence as a communicator while learning to stutter more easily. You are not broken. You don’t need to be fixed.
With preschool aged children, my approach focuses heavily on helping parents identify what they’re already doing (but may not be aware of) to support their child’s fluent speech. I also focus on supporting healthy communication attitudes and resilience.
- Solution Focused Brief Therapy (SFBT)
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT)
- Avoidance Reduction Therapy for Stuttering (ARTS)
- Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT)
- Emotional Freedom Techniques (EFT Tapping)
- Palin Parent Child Interaction (PCI)
- Lidcombe Program